Sunday 29 April 2012

Very First Haul

Time for my very first haul! It's a bit of a mixed bag today, including things that I've bought over the last couple of weeks online, in store and even from a blog sale (am I the only one addicted to these?).





StrawberryNet Buys



Badgley Mischka Fleurs De Nuit Perfume - I bought this one off of StrawberryNet for around $22 for 100ml, down from $80 in the huge perfume sale they had a couple of weeks ago. It's very flowery and fruity, with notes of Jasmine and peaches, as well as a tiny bit musky. I like the smell enough, but I wouldn't pay much more than I did for it.





With my order I also bought Pixi Vitamin Lip Silk in Amphinate for about $5 I think. It's a sheer, nude gloss that is fairly sticky and thick. It claims to contain vitamins that help to heal and soften lips.

The little silver lipstick you can see in the collective picture at the top is the free gift I received with purchase. It is Lip Fusion in Butterscotch. I could not for the life of me get a picture of it because of the shininess of the packaging. Basically it appears to be a pale pink tinted balm similar to the Revlon Colourburst Lip Butters. The colour pay off is surprisingly good, but the formula doesn't last all too long on the lips and feels slightly grainy. I probably won't wear it, to be honest.




Blog Sale Buys


The following few things I bought from Stacie over at Superficial Sydney. If you haven't already, head over and check out her blog. She's a great writer and a fellow aussie.





The first thing I got was the Yves Saint Laurent Fard A Paupieres Poudre Duo Eye Shadow Powder Duo #81. I've been looking for nice grey shadows for ages, and this certainly fits the bill. It includes a light blue toned grey and a darker grey shadow. From what I can tell, this one has been discontinued, or at least is near impossible to find.






The next is the Sleek Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette. This one includes a mix of neutrals and a couple of pinks. Pink shadow in no way suits me, so I doubt they will get much use, but I love the others.





Lastly from the blog sale is China Glaze in First Mate. I haven't tried this one at all yet, but I love my blue polish!




In Store Buys





I bought Maybelline Falsies Mascara a couple of weeks ago, on sale for $10, and haven't stopped using it since! 

Today I went on a Face of Australia spree. For anyone in Australia, check out Big W's massive make up sale. All major makeup brands are discounted, and everything I got from FOA was $3 off.





The first thing I picked up was the Face of Australia Liquid Eyeliner in Charcoal. It's a dark grey colour, and I can't wait to try it out. 





I also grabbed a couple of Eye Definer Pencils in Marine and Purple and a Lip Definer in Sugar Rose




Lastly I bought their Matte Eye Primer. I've heard bad things about their shimmer one, and mixed reviews for the matte one. At the price it was going for, I figured I've give it a go.

There you have it. My first ever haul. I'll be doing reviews on some of these products in the future, so if you're interested in any, stay tuned. If there are any in particular you would like me to review, please leave a comment and let me know.

8 comments:

  1. love the post :) I really like Face of Australia products for the price they do a real good job :)
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen! Reply to my email if you want to claim my giveaway that you won!
    Hop to it!
    Claire
    http://youlittlebeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep! My spam mail ate it! Thanks for letting me know on here. I have replied to the email xx

      Delete
    2. That's OK! Glad you got onto it today though was about to redraw!
      Hope you enjoy, I'll be able to post in about a week and a half
      Claire
      x

      Delete
  3. Great haul hun, Your blog is awesome, you found a new follower:)
    Sara xx http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely check yours out too!

      Delete
  4. you got some really good bargains!!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo what a lovely haul! I've been hearing a lot of good things about the falsies mascara lately!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...