Monday 16 April 2012

NARS Thakoon Summer 2012 Collection Impression

Hi Guys. Just a quick post today to share with you my impression of the new NARS Thakoon nail polish collection for Summer 2012. It's a bit of a bittersweet impression too. But before I share that, here are the colours:


Nars Thakoon




Clockwise from the top right they are:
  • Armchoor - a bright sunny yellow
  • Kutki - a pale powder blue
  • Koliary - a sky blue
  • Lal Mirchi - abright orange toned red
  • Anardana - a bright pomegranate pink
  • Ratin Jot - a medium purple
Apparently this collection was created in collaboration between NARS and fashion designer Thakoon Panichgul, and was inspired by the intense colours found in the spice markets of India.

As summer colours, to me, these are spot on. They look vibrant, they look beautiful and I would love to get my hands on them to wear for summer (or any time for that matter).

Now for the negative. I just feel like these colours have been done before, or ones very similar at least. Don't get me wrong, I really love the look of them, but they are just really unsurprising for summer colours. The one that seems the most exciting to me, the Lal Mirchi, is also only available at NARS' Bleecker Street store in New York.

I really like these colours, but I'm just not overly surprised or moved by them. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the brand that brought us Kismet (a metallic marigold), and Ecume (a bright white) last Northern Hemisphere summer.

What does everyone else think? Is my feeling of being slightly underwhelmed for nothing?

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I found you through the blog hop :) Great blog!! Can't wait to see more from you. I'm now following you, hope to see you around my blog. :)

    xo MADDY | spilledpolish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya cute post, found you on the blog hop! Please check out my blog and follow if you like what you see :)

    www.mybeautymemoirs.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally fabulous, i love it!

    I found you on blog hop, would you like to follow each other?

    yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Colors
    Thank u for Stopping By my blog and sweet comment
    http://storytaleshop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these colors!!

    Thanks for following!
    I am returning the favor!

    xoxo

    http://www.glamorousmama.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...