Saturday 7 April 2012

Eye Of the Day: Wearable Shimmers

I was bored and unable to sleep last night and started playing around with my makeup. I ended up doing a look that, while using a lot of shimmery colours, was quite toned down and not too OTT. I thought I would share the look with you, as well as a brief run down of how I achieved it.




To get the look, I started by mixing colours from the Stila Light Up the World shimmer eye shadow palette to my upper lid, not going past the crease, as well as the lower lash line. The ones I used are the brown 4th from the left and the gold 3rd from the right. They are called are called 'bronze' and 'delicate' respectively.




I then used a dark brown to contour through the crease and outer corners of the eye. I also applied it close to the lash line along my bottom lashes, and blended it down into the shimmery colours. The colour I used is the middle brown along the bottom row, from the NP Romance Set.






I used the same colour through the brows to darken them.


In the inner corner I used the Beigy/pinky toned light colour from the Wet N Wild Greed eye shadow palette (top left corner).




I finished the look off with two coats of Maybelline Full N Soft in very black on the upper lashes and one coat on the lower. I didn't worry too much about getting lashes uniform with this look, to keep it a little unstructured.

And there you have it. For myself, I was pretty happy with the look. I also felt that by not taking the eye shadow above the crease, the look is very wearable and not too overwhelming. I dunno, maybe I was just deliriously tired... Please, let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Great EOTD post! That Stila palette looks great. You have a gorgeous eye color too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You're so sweet :). I love the Stila palette, all the colours are really pigmented and silky.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...