Thursday 12 April 2012

EOTD: Black Out

I usually go for more neutral make up looks, but tonight I was in the mood for a bit of drama. The eye that resulted is black on black and only really appropriate for a big night out.



Heavy, dark makeup really doesn't suit me, because it makes my already small eyes appear even smaller and withdrawn. I tried to counter act that by elongating the look beyond the outer edge of my eye and not blending too far up toward my brow. I'm not sure how well it worked, but I still kinda liked how my eyes turned out. One thing I would have liked to add is some big false lashes, but, alas, I had none.

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think, and if you would/do rock a heavy eye look like this. 

9 comments:

  1. You should totally do a step-by-step tutorial for this. I love this look but I'm so scared of eyeshadow - I'm useless at applying it!

    Lola ..x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to have a play around and see if I can put together a decent tutorial. Thanks for the request!

      Don't be scared of eyeshadow. Play around with it, be terrible at it at first, and eventually it becomes easier.

      Delete
  2. Oh how I wish I could do eyes like this! xo

    tattooedtealady.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. that makeup looks beautiful! I might give that a go! Would love it if you could take a look at my blog - http://lucy-abigail.blogspot.co.uk/
    Lucy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it out, please take pictures. I would love to see! xx

      Delete
  4. Oh wow this looks great, I love the sparkle in the black eye shadow, I agree with Lolastar you should do a tutorial for this you have them so perfect! I'm here from the blog hop by the way & following you now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will have a go at a tutorial. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. wow love this vampy look so cool! :)

    http://she-shops-alot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...