Saturday 28 July 2012

Bellabox July

For those who haven't heard of Bellabox, it is another monthly beauty subscription service available here in Australia. For $15 a month, Bellabox promises 5 luxury beauty samples delivered to your door. I've been rather enjoying my Lust Have It subscription, and had heard some really positive things about Bellabox, so earlier this month I decided to jump in and subscribe to them as well (greedy? Who me?).

Since then I've been waiting, not so patiently, for the box to arrive. And when it did, I certainly wasn't disappointed. Inside the pretty aqua shipping box were 9 samples. A whole 5 of these were full size. For a beauty box to include that many samples in a month is very impressive. The samples were also a good mix, and I am excited to try pretty much all of them.

First up is the Le Tan Flawless Legs Wash Off Leg Makeup. The sample I received is in deep bronze, which I'm thinking will probably be too dark for me. I will try it out anyway, and even if it is too dark it will give me a chance to see if I like it enough to go out and buy a lighter version for spring. I'm naturally very pale, and while I tan fairly easily with some time in the sun, I also burn very easily and much prefer to go faux, so I'm always looking for new and better ways to look sunkissed. 

The You, Me & Everybody Shady Lady Daily Face Milk (full size) was something I've never heard of before. It contains a broad spectrum sun protection with an SPF 30+, which I very much like the sound of. It's quite thin in formula, and I'm not sure how hydrating it is, but might be another good one to set aside for spring and summer.

I also got an Innoxia Nail Polish in Plush Velvet (full size). I've never tried Innoxia polishes before, but I love a good nail polish, especially if it's purple.

Next was the Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Deep Eye Cream (full size). Eye cream is a part of my skin routine that I have neglected in recent years, mostly using the excuse that I'm only 23. The appearance of this product this month reminded me that I should probably start some preventative measures, and I will definitely be trying this one out.

A neat little 15ml sample of the Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub was also a welcome inclusion for me, as I'm about out of my previous face scrub, and really want to find a new and less course scrub to use. 

Then we have a little sachet sample of the Givenchy Pi Neo mens fragrance. I'm not a fan of perfume samples in sachet's at all, but I do enjoy smelling them. The scent of this one was so manly it made me melt. I'm keeping it in the back of my mind for when I need present ideas for the fiance. I think he would love it for the woodsy smell, but mostly because it's named after a mathematical concept (he's a maths nerd) and was inspired by the Matrix movies.

The Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm (full size) was another great addition for me this week. I've had a bad head cold which always means dry and chapped lips, so I've been using chapsticks non-stop.

Next is the Almay Get Up & Grow Mascara (full size). It claims to nourish lashes to help them grow strong and long. I'm more excited about the fact that it has one of my loved wire and bristle mascara brushes, so I'll give this one a whirl, regardless of if it does or doesn't improve my lashes.

Last, but not lease are the Terax Crema Conditioner and Miele Shampoo samples. I have heard of Terax before, but never tried any of their products. I'm always happy to try new shampoo and conditioner samples, as I really I like to flit between brands anyway.

Overall, I'm really really happy with my first Bellabox. I seem to have signed up in the right month, to receive so many samples. The brands and products aren't at all high end, but Bellabox definitely made up for that in quantity. I'm also excited because every sample I received (excepts obviously the fragrance) I will get some use out of and am keen to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...