Thursday 28 June 2012

Question Wednesday: The Fair!

This week's Question Wednesday made me realize that we don't really have many fairs where I live. That's kinda sad. Check out Nykki's Mane Blog if you want to join in!

1. When the fair comes to town, do you usually go?

Sadly, no. We don't really have big fairs where I live, and the ones we do get are usually geared towards kids. A big one that I do go to every couple of years, is the Easter Show in Sydney.

2. What is your favorite thing to eat at the fair? Food and/or dessert!

Snow cones. I looooove snow cones.

3. Do you like to go on the rides? What are some of your favorite rides?

Not usually, but my two favourites are the big slide that you ride down on a hessian sack, and the swing carousel thing.

4. What are some cool shows or exhibits that happen at your local fair?

I don't know that there is a local fair or show where I live :(. At the Easter Show, I love all of the animal exhibits, especially the baby ducks.

5. Do you usually buy anything at the fair? What do you like to buy?

When I go to the Easter Show, I always get the Willy Wonka and Bertie Beetle show bags. I have eaten some of the yummiest and craziest lollies from the Willy Wonka bag that you don't usually find in stores. For those who haven't had the pleasure of eating a bertie beetle (I'm pretty sure they are Aussie), they are the most delicious beetle shaped chocolates with honeycomb and coconut bits. They are incredibly hard to find now. 

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh I've never had a Bertie Beetle but it sounds delicious! I love seeing the animals too but they've never had baby ducks at my fair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sooo yummy! But, how can they not have baby ducks?! So sad.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like Australia are just as bad at doing fairs at the UK is!!! This cheers me up a bit. I love Australia. The American fairs sounds nuts though! But you've reminded me, I do like those big slides with the hessian sacks. They are good. :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do sound a bit intense. Happy to hear there's another big slide lover out there who isn't 10 years old :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...