Monday 9 April 2012

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Review

Happy Easter everyone. I hope everyone had a lovely easter weekend. I'm so excited to share this post with everyone today, because I'm reviewing one of my favourite lip products - the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. I currently only own it in the shade Damned (sad), but have previously used it in Bolero and one other that I am blanking on. Basically, this product comes in the form of a big pencil, and is designed to be used under lipstick or gloss, or as a stand alone product. Personally, I love using it on it's own!


It has a lovely creamy texture when applied, with a semi-matte finish. Surprisingly it doesn't dry out too much with time, even though it is matte. It also has great really good staying power. Take a look at Damned on:


Damned is a deep purple/red berry shade. I wasn't able to get a picture without the light throwing a lot of blue, but the colour of the pencil, when applied, stayed fairly true. It's probably only slightly more red in real life.

The only issue I have with this product is it can be hard to get a crisp edge. For this reason I would recommend using a regular lip liner in a similar shade to line the lips first, if you are going for a defined edge. I should also mentioned that I haven't sharpened the pencil yet, so I don't know if it is easy or painful to sharpen. 

Overall Score: 9/10


Has anyone else tried the Velvet Matte Pencils? Let me know what you thought, or if you would consider buying them.

1 comment:

  1. love this, i've been trying to work out how to wear red lipstick for ages. I always find the brighter / darker I go, the more it bleeds. Maybe I should try lip pencil

    Mel x
    www.mediamarmalade.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...